The Damptec team have installed a waterproofing system with warranty for a reinforced concrete lift pit for a social housing project in Stapleford.
This system incorporates Type A Barrier Protection internal waterproofing
- Newton 903-P Modified Primer
- Newton HydroCoat 912-RT- Reinforcing Tape
- Newton 203-Repair Mortar – smoothing fillet
- Newton HydroCoat 107F Elastic 2K (2 coats)
The method we used is in accordance with a Newton Waterproofing specification and included:
- Horizontal concrete floors primed with HydroCoat-903 Primer.
- Joints and changes of direction: Reinforcement of static joints with HydroCoat 912-RT – Reinforcing Tape
- A fillet along the wall/floor/ceiling junctions using Newton HydroSeal 203 Repair Mortar. The membrane is reinforced at each change in direction from horizontal to vertical with a Newton 203-RM smoothing fillet.
- Application of two coats of Newton 107F cement-based waterproofing slurry. This is a mineral waterproof coating that contains crystallising and capillary-plugging agents. When these penetrate into the substrate, they develop an intense bond and the capillaries are plugged making it completely waterproof to pressurised water of up to 10 bar.