An industry-recognised guarantee
The key to successful damp treatment is to have the correct specifications in place from the design stage onwards to ensure a system for which an industry recognised guarantee can be provided
You should never underestimate the importance of using a qualified basement waterproofing specialist to design and install tanking systems.It is vital that the work is carried out correctly for it to be signed off with a guarantee. This paperwork is vital if you come to sell your property.
Steps to ensure your new basement meets the criteria for a warranty
- Use specialist structural waterproofing companies.
- Ensure you use a CSSW qualified waterproofing designer to produce the design.
- Qualify for a 10 year Insurance Backed Guarantee for Workmanship and materials
- Ensure installation works carried out by fully qualified trained structural waterproofing technicians
Making sure your extension perfectly fits your requirements is important to us. We will discuss with you what you intend to use the basement for as the choice of waterproofing system and construction design will depend on the proposed use for your new space.
Basements fall into 3 categories:
- Grade 1: some damp areas are acceptable depending on the intended use and this could include car parking space
- Grade 2: there can be no water ingress. Ventilation could be necessary if the intended use is for workshops
- Grade 3: no water ingress is acceptable. Ventilation and possibly air conditioning is a requirement if the intended us is for habitable space
We will ascertain with you the basement use and discuss flexibility to upgrade in future.
There are 3 types of waterproofing systems as defined in BS8102 (2009):
Type A: A barrier or tanking system.
Type B: Structurally integral systems comprising a fully waterproof concrete shell.
Types A and B rely on stopping water ingress into the basement
Type C: Management of the water and dampness issues via the use of cavity drainage membranes and sump and pumps.
We will provide you with a structural design incorporating the appropriate waterproofing system. Our construction work will come with the relevant warranties prescribed by the Property Care Association.